Thursday 14 February 2013

Sharing a Room

I may be crazy...

I have this wild notion that my kids need to learn to appreciate, tolerate and communicate with one another. We decided that our little ones will share a room (when Harriette moves out of ours that is...).  I have no doubt my kids love each other, but I think it's a wonderful opportunity to learn a great deal about managing relationships. Kids who share a bedroom space are given an opportunity to practice so many skills and virtues, and I think they'll be closer and better for it. We'll see how it goes.

Here's the "everyday" photoshoot we had on a sunny afternoon, playing in the KIDS room.

You can click the photo to see the whole shoot and check out my making-it-lovely-on-a-budget decor ;)

My favourites for kids room: bunk beds with trundle (Brault & Martineau); repurposed frames (garage sale), removable wall decor for changing taste (stickers, posters -  amazon.ca); picture rail for books so kids can see their faves (ikea.com); neat wall hooks (urban outfitters); treasures from travels; 1 strange fish.









No comments:

Post a Comment